1. Is acupuncture painful?
Acupuncture needles are so fine there is no discomfort when they’re inserted, but a slight tingle, known as the “needle sensation,“ may be experienced.
2. How long does a session take?
The first session, including patient intake and treatment can take up to one hour. Follow ups take anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes.
3. Does acupuncture have side effects?
No, there are no side effects — but during the treatment you may feel very relaxed. Some people even fall sleep.
4. How many treatments do I need?
It depends on your problem, how long you have had it, and the complexity. In general, most people feel improvement after 4 to 8 treatments.
5. What kind of needles are used?
The needles are made from stainless steel and are very fine. They are used only one time and discarded after each treatment.
6. What should I wear during a treatment?
It is best to wear loose-fitting clothing. Example: T-shirt and loose pants or shorts.
7. What can acupuncture treat?